06 октября 2013

Two the most interesting work in Saatchi Gallery for me:


1. Marcelo Jacome's Planos - Pipas

This sculpture attracted me an abundance of color, after several rooms of sad works, here I wanted to smile for the first time. At first glance it looks like a big festive Chinese dragon. It can be seen that the work is very delicate, because the product is composed of many parts of the colorful paper. Despite the fact that the sculpture is quite large and takes up an entire room, it  doesn't look like hard or severe.


2. Han Feng’s Floating City

When I entered into room with this installation, I first became accustomed to search for pictures or something, that at eye level. Then looked down and I noticed small pieces of paper - small houses that swing on strings with the movements of visitors. In contrast from first one sculpture, the second is dynamic.
Understanding of the city in this installation shows a very different side than we're used to it, it is light, delicate and almost transparent. The very idea is incredibly simple. Very similar to a mirage.


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий