30 апреля 2014

Project B. Brief and concept solution.

Love - the force that drives the world, without love, humanity would be empty. Even the great people are subject to this force. Perhaps this feeling and make them so great. Not all love stories end happily, but that they didn't cease to be perfect. 

Napoleon, Beethoven, Byron? What motivated them and helped to reach those heights? It was love. Sometimes bright as a flash, short-lived, sometimes the one, that was able to go through the years. I believe that only the ability to feel emotions, enables a person to achieve great things. 

Since childhood I loved to read old letters. They were written by my parents. When I realise that I don't know how to show love, I thought about them. Memory on pages of these letters, gives us the opportunity to present the feelings. Unfortunately, in the age of e-mails, short messages on social networks, young generation doesn't know how to write letters, and how much they can actually show.

In the end, I clasped both ideas and decided to create a book with a letters of great men, telling a lovestory,  adding blank pages for readers. After  I revising a lot of letters, my choice fell on 4 authors: Napoleon, Beethoven, Byron, Voltaire. They all refer to different time periods, countries. The difficulty was that I didn't want to create one more pinkbook,  my purpose was get away from the standard solutions. So, I came to the idea to look at authors, through the prism of time, age in the art. After gathering a large amount of information, I was able to determine the starting points. Color, texture, tone. Typeface played important role too, on the one hand it had to be readable, the other hand was in connection with each era .

It was quite an interesting research and challenge that showed me: that no matter when the letters were written, love is always love. Moreover no matter what we tried to create around love, it will be only decoration.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий